It is variety of chilli.Chilli is mostly used in cooking.1 packet contains 50 seeds of chilli.
Chilli plants make great gifts for the cook or grow your own enthusiast. The more compact varieties will thrive in a cool conservatory, sheltered patio, or even a sunny window sill and the more you crop them the more they produce.
The chili pepper (also chile pepper or chilli pepper, from Nahuatl chilli) is the fruit of plants from the genus Capsicum, members of the nightshade family, Solanaceae. The term in British English and in Australia, New Zealand, India, Malaysia and other Asian countries is just chilli without pepper .
|Seeds per Packet
|chilli pepper, bell pepper, paprika, cayenne, halapenos, chitlepin, Christmas pepper,Hot pepper
|0.5 to 1.0 metre
Planting And Care
- Chilli plants should be fairly easy to care for
- They need to be protected from frost and will do best in a sunny spot out of any cold winds or draughts
- A South or East facing windowsill or sheltered patio is idealChilli plants should be kept in a small pot
- They really don t like being over potted and will suffer from placing in to large a pot too quickly
- Most of our chilli plants shouldn t need repotting in their first year, however if you are struggling to keep up with the watering or if your plants is 3 or more times the size of it s pot then you can re-pot
- Just choose a pot that is only 2 or 3 cm bigger in diameter and use a good general purpose compost with some drainage
- Chilli plants love sunshine, they originate in South America after all, the more sunlight your plant can get on fruit, the hotter the fruit will become
- Chilli plants are greedy feeders and will benefit from feeding in the growing season
- A tomato feed, baby bio or any other high nitrogen feed will keep the leaves nice and green and keep your plant fruiting longer
- Apply in line with the manufacturers instructions every couple of weeks from July through to September
Chilli F1 Surya Pariksha Care
- Plant into small pots or preferably into Jiffy coir (coconut husk) pellets
- If you are using Jiffy pellets, soak them until they have swollen to size and put two seeds into each one, just below the surface
- If you are planting into pots, fill one pot per seed type to about 2 cm below the rim, firm down the compost and soak thoroughly
- be aware that chilli seedlings quickly exhaust the nutrients in the coir
- Place the seeds with a good space between them so that you do not harm the roots when you come to potting on and cover them with a fine layer of sieved compost and coir mix
- Use separate pots or trays for each variety and don, t forget to label them or you will spend several frustrated months not knowing which plant is which
|Chilli plants like sunshine, the more sunlight the fruits receive the hotter they will grow
|Keep your chilli plants well watered and mulched. But dont over water.
The soil should be free draining. Chillies don t grow in swamps.
|Chillies grow well in a well drained, fertile soil. If planting in pots be sure to use a good organic compost that will retain moisture.
|Chilli seeds need 20C to germinate, and it should be 30C or more for the fruit to ripen. Night temperatures should not drop below 15C.
|If your soil is poor, you ll have to fertilize your chillies. When fertilizing chillies keep in mind that, like their relatives and indeed most fruiting plants, chillies like potassium. Too much nitrogen will make them grow lots of soft leaves and no fruit.
Chilli F1 Surya Pariksha Special Feature
Chilli F1 Surya Pariksha Uses
- Vitamins: Chilli is loaded with vitamins like niacin, pyridoxine, riboflavin, and thiamine
- Medicinal Uses: Due to presence of Capsaicin compounds, chilli pepper is used in preparation of ointment; also used in formulation to be used in arthritic pain and sore muscles
- Chilli pepper pods, which are berries, are used fresh or dried
- Chillies are dried to preserve them for long periods of time, which may also be done by pickling
- Dried chillies are often ground into powders, although many Mexican dishes including variations on chilles rellenos use the entire chilli
- Dried whole chillies may be reconstituted before grinding to a paste
- The chipotle is the smoked, dried, ripe jalape, o
- Many fresh chillies such as poblano have a tough outer skin that does not break down on cooking
- Chillies are sometimes used whole or in large slices, by roasting, or other means of blistering or charring the skin, so as not to entirely cook the flesh beneath
- When cooled, the skins will usually slip off easily