Rapid growth among the gourds. The seed packet contains approximately 35 seeds.
Squash is a seasonal vegetable. It is very susceptible to frost and heat damage, but with proper care, it will produce a bumper crop with very few plants.Squash come in two main types: summer squash and winter squash.
While there s not much difference among the tastes and textures of summer squashes, winter squashes offer a wide array of flavou
|Seeds per Packet||35|
|Common Name||Summer squash, crookneck, pattypan, Straightneck, scallop, zucchini.|
|Height||up to 4 ft|
|Bloom Time||Summer, Winters|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Mulch plants to protect shallow roots, discourage weeds and retain moisture
- Water most diligently when fruits form and throughout their growth period
Chappan Kaddu Care
- Prepare the bed with compost, peat, or well-rotted manure
- Plant summer squash seeds 8 inches apart, poking them into the soil 1 inch deep; water well
|Soil||well-drained soil with 5.5 to 7 pH level|
|Temperature||20 to 30 degree C|
|Fertilizer||Use any organic fertilizer|
|Harvest Season||Summer, Winters|
Chappan Kaddu Special Feature
Summer squash plants are heavy feeders and grow quickly.
Summer squash is often grown in a compact, bushing fashion with fruit that is usually smaller than winter squash.
Chappan Kaddu Uses
- rich in the B-complex group of vitamins, minerals like iron, zinc, copper, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus
- They are generally peeled and boiled, cut up and roasted, or cut small and steamed or saut, ed