If you are already thinking about what you want to grow in your garden this season, start out right with organic seeds. Enjoy your Kitchen Gardening with chemical-free Tomato Roma – Organic Vegetable Seeds.
1 packet contains 30 Tomato seeds.
The Tomato is botanically known as Lycopersicum esculentum belongs to the family Solanaceae. The fruits are harvested as red for consumption. It has a prominent place in human food.The most popular garden vegetable crop, tomatoes come in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and colo
Tomatoes are an incredibly versatile food. They are often considered as a vegetable, though ideally, they are a fruit.
|Seeds per Packet
|Botanical name: Solanum Lycopersicum, Tamatar, Tomato, Takkali.
|Up to 1.5 mete
|1,2 months after transplanting, if seeds were sown in the month of June-Aug, Nov-Dec the blooming time will be Sep-Oct and Jan-Feb respectively.
Planting And Care
- Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening
- SunlightKeep the seedlings container in bright sunlight
- Protect the Tomato seedlings from direct harsh sunlight
- SoilThe soil should be well drained and nutrient rich for tomato seedlings
- WateringWater the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture
- Do not overwater the seedlings
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season
- Application of FertilizerDuring the main growing season feed the Tomato seedlings with any organic fertilizer once a month
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the seedlings so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily
- Plant ProtectionRemove dead, infected or damaged seedlings from container
- DontsDo not overwater the seedlings especially when container does not have drainage holes
Tomato Roma Care
- How to Sow Tomato Seeds You can grow tomato in two seasons i
- Jun-July and Nov-Dec
- Select a container having 3-5 inch diameter
- Fill the container with well-drained soil
- Moisten the surface of the soil with water spray
- Sprinkle the seeds evenly over the soil and spread a thin layer of soil over it
- orMake a hole of 1 inch deep and put 2-3 seeds in each hole and cover the hole with fine layer of the soil
- Cover the seed container with a transparent plastic paper
- Place the seed tray in indirect bright light
- Remove plastic wrapping once seeds start to germinate
- Tansplant the seedlings after 21 days in 5-7 inches pot or directly in the ground Do not over-water the seedlings to avoid root rot
- Germination rate and viability of tomato seed Tomato seed Germination rate and viability is up to 70%
- Tomato growth rate is medium
|Direct bright sunlight.
|Well draining and Nutrient-rich with a pH between 6.2 and 6.8.
|20 to 30-degree celsius.
|Apply any organic fertilizer.
Tomato Roma Uses
- Tomatoes confer protection against high cholesterol, strokes, and heart disease
- Tomatoes basically have an anti-aging effect on our body as they contain antioxidant lycopene which is easily absorbed by our body thereby leaving you with healthy skin and hair
- Since tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants such as vitamin C and Vitamin A, these vitamins help in preventing DNA damage from free radicals
- The vitamin K and calcium present in tomatoes help in building strong bones
- Note: The following information is general guidelines, be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- Sun-dried tomatoes can be eaten raw as a snack or added to salads and other dishes
- Tomatoes are used to flavor pasta, vegetable dishes, appetizers, sauces, dips, soups, and sandwiches
- The large, meaty fruits of beefsteak tomatoes are especially popular for slicing