Apple Gourd. The seed packet contains approximately 35 seeds.
Tolerant of pruning and shearing. Little Gem is noted for requiring little pruning. Avoid cultivating around plants because they have shallow roots. Roots appreciate a good mulch (1-2 ).
|Seeds per Packet
|Indian Round Gourd, Apple Gourd, Indian Baby Pumpkin
|1.50 to 2.00 feet
|Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Required a bit of effort, but the results are well worth the work
- Not all plants are fragrant, but the most common and hardy do produce a sweet, carrying fragrance
- Common is a vine and has larger glossy green leaves than Royal
- Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area
- Tinda need a cold, dormant period
- Select a site with soil that drains well
- After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential
|Full sun to part shade
|25 to 35 degree C
|Apply any organic fertilizer
Tinda Special Feature
Tinda is a small vegetable, looks like a cross between a green apple and a pumpkin.
- Rich source of Vitamin A