Seedless Apple Ber Plant is perfect for those who love to have fresh fruits in their home. The plant is grafted, so it will produce fruits that are seedless and easy to eat. With its delicious taste and beautiful appearance, this plant is sure to become a favorite in your home.
|Plant Height||122 cm|
|Plant Spread||18 cm|
*above specifications are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name||Indian jujube, Indian plum, Chinese date, ber, Chinee/Chinkee apple, jujube|
|Maximum Reachable Height||2-3 meter|
|Bloom Time||February and April|
Planting And Care
- If left to ithemselves ber trees would attain bushy, large unmanageable form but the production per unit area is quite low.
- To keep the plant in manageable shape and size, trees are trained properly during first 2-3 years to build a strong framework.
- By providing support with a bamboo stick to the new growth of sprout from either in situ or transplanted seedling, vertical growth is encouraged Once the growth is about 1-1.5 meter, the terminal growth Is pinched, allowing lower buds on the main stem to sprout and form main branches.
- After sufficient growth, these primary branches be pinched to develop secondary branches. Thus plants are trained by pruning and kept in manageable shape, size wa ith well-developed framework.
- Pruning is an essential operation in ber production as fruits are borne in the axil of leaves on the young shoots of the current season. Pruning is, therefore, done every year to induce a maximum number of new healthy shoots which bear good quality fruits.
- The best time for pruning was observed to be 15th April to 15th May under a prevailing climatic conditinn of Maharashtra.
Ber Fruit Care
|Sunlight||Full Sun to Partial Shade|
|Soil||Deep sandy to loamy well-drained soils is considered best|
|Temperature||Ideal 10 to 23 degrees C. Can tolerate -5 degrees C to 49 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Use any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season||Seedlings take two to three years to start fruit production.|