Growing Banana plant is an easy way to add a tropical flair to your garden. When you know that it has a unique leaf shape, edible fruits and how to care for Banana plants, you will be rewarded with many years of edible fruits.
What makes it special:
- One of the best garden fruit plants.
- Low maintenance plant.
- It is devoutly religious plant.
|Plant Height||19 inch (48 cm)|
|Plant Spread||7 inch (18 cm)|
|Common Name||Lal Kela|
|Maximum Reachable Height||2-4 meter|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Good Sunlight Maximum 6 hrs a day is good for flower and fruit development.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup (approx.200ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plants thoroughly in summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Water should be applied preferably in the morning or evening.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the top soil without disturbing the roots of the plant so, it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Apply organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Do not over water the plant.
- Avoid applying water on leaves during initial days as it may cause fungal infection.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- put your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Do not re-pot for minimum. 2 weeks after receiving the parcel.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Natural bright light with morning sunlight(more than 6 hours)|
|Watering||Apply 4 cup(approx.200ml) of water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch|
|Soil||Well-drained, fertile and nutrient rich soil.|
|Temperature||20-27 Degree Celsius.|
|Fertilizer||Apply organic fertilizer once a month|
|Harvest Season||Approximately 90 days from blooming period.|
Banana Special Feature
They are classic tropical foliage plants with beautiful inflorescence and edible fruits
- It add beauty to your garden, pot plants, bedding plants, many landscaping uses
- Flower used to cooked and eaten by diabetics/bronchitis/dysentery/ulcers
- Its sap can be taken internally or applied externally to stings and bites
- Its Big leaves can be used for skin irritations
- Note: The following information is general guidelines, be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines