Other than commonly known radishes, many different varieties exist. This Radish packet contains approximately 35 seeds.
The radish (Raphanus sativus) is an edible root vegetable. This giant white radish grows up to 2 feet long.This variety is white and crispy, with a mildly sweet flavor.
|Seeds per Packet
|Japani Radish, Daikon, Japanese Radish
|Height: Up to 10 inchesSpread: 0.5 to 0.75 feet
|Spring and the fall
|Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Provide well-drained soil with consistent moisture
- Thin radishes to about an inch apart when the plants are a week old
- Avoid overwatering
- Water when the soil feels dry to touch
- Look for root borer or other pest attacks and apply the organic pesticide
- Do not leave in the ground long after a mature stage
Radish Japani White Care
- The seeds should be planted about two months before the first expected fall frost
- Plant them in the very rich soil about half to 1 inch deep and 1 inch apart; later, thin the seedlings 4 to 6 inches apart
|Full sun, part shade, Yields best in full sun.
|Requires well-drained soil, loose soil, high in organic matter, free from stones.
|22 to 30 degrees C
|Prefer an organic fertilizer. Apply mulch for a summer season.
Radish Japani White Special Feature
Japanese white radish
Radish Japani White Uses
- These are used in many cooked and uncooked dishes
- It is famous in Japan