Enhance the beauty of your outdoor
spaces by an excellent dense green Betel vine plant.
|Piper Betel, Maghai Paan – Plant
|5 inch (13 cm) Nursery Pot as Inner
Piper betel is a Woody climber in Piperaceae family with adventitious roots at swollen nodes.Leaves are simple heart shaped, alternate with spicy taste.Inflorescence is axillary with white uni sexual flower.
|12 inch (30 cm)
|6 inch (15 cm)
|Naagarvel, Vidyache paan
|Maximum Reachable Height
|150 to 180 cm.
|Spring and early summer (anytime in tropics)
|Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Place your plant in a place that receives at least 5 to 6 hours of sunlight daily.
- It thrives well in a hot and humid environment in partial shade.
- The betel plant needs regular watering. Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Prune regularly after it reaches 2 m height to control the plant, regular pruning, and plucking of leaves encourages new growth and sweet and tender leaves.
- Occasional feeding every couple of months in the growing season of the plant with a nitrogen-rich organic fertilizer like manure or compost is recommended.
Piper Betel Care
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|40 degrees Celsius.
|Within 4 to 6 months after planting, it will be ready for harvest. You can pick up its fresh aromatic leaves for various uses.
Piper Betel Special Feature
It widely used as herb plant, ornamental foliage plant and medicinal plant.
Piper Betel Uses
- The plant is used to decorate the balcony, terrace or any outdoor space
- It is used as a mild stimulant for its medicinal properties
- Note- Please consults your health advisor before application or consuming of plants or plant parts
- Betel leaves are used for direct consumption
- Note- For more details about repotting and transplanting visit to below mentioned link