1 packet contains approximately 35 seeds.
Green peas are a garden favourite. Whether you grow English peas for shelling, or edible-podded snow and snap peas, there s nothing like the taste of fresh, sweet peas in spring.
Fresh peas picked straight from the garden are a revelation! Once you, ve tasted how sweet they really taste, you, ll never want to eat frozen peas again. Better still, growing pea plants is incredibly easy and you can achieve a good yield in a small space. In fact, you can even grow them in containers on the patio for a really space-saving crop.
|Seeds per Packet
|garden pea, field pea, spring pea
|Up to 2 metre
Planting And Care
- Water sparsely unless the plants are wilting
Peas Arkel Care
- The flat bed is prepared with mixing FYM
- Seed spacing is 45 X 20 cm
- After sowing, water should be given
|Full Sun, Partial Sun.
|Well-drained soil with a pH range of 5.8 to 7.0.
|40 t0 50 degrees C
|Apply any organic manure.
|Peas are ready to harvest in approximately 60-70 days.
Peas Arkel Special Feature
Pea is easily grow.
Peas Arkel Uses
- Weight Management: Peas are low fats but lots of protein, fibre and micro-nutrients
- Blood sugar regulation: High fibre slows and protein slows down how fast sugars are digested
- Heart disease prevention: The generous amounts of vitamin B1 and folate, B2, B3, and B6 reduce homocysteine levels which are a risk factor for heart disease
- Pea greens are at their best simply sauteed in a bit of olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Some browned garlic or shallots add a nice bit of sweetness, and a squirt of lemon juice at the end highlight the bright, clean flavor of pea greens
- Pea greens are also delicious added to soups, where their great leafy volume cooks down into lovely green ribbons
- Before cooking pea greens, look them over and cut or snap off any tough ends
- You can cut them up to make them easier to eat after they re cooked