jasmine shrub is hardy and easy to care. It is a popular landscape plant all around the world and is often used in foundation plantings, hedges, borders, mass plantings.
What makes it special:
- Distinctive evergreen flowering plant.
- One of the beautiful adorable star shaped flowers plant.
- Jasmine the fast-growing landscape flowering plant.
- Perfect plant for outdoor garden and sunny balcony.
- Very easy to grow and care.
This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of a white-colored flower. Kunda, Downy Jasmine plant belongs to family Oleaceae. the botanical name of Kunda, Downy Jasmine plant is Jasminum multiflorum and commonly known as star jasmine.
jasmine shrub is hardy and easy to care. Downy Jasmine, this plant with pure white flower & fragrance will amazing and adorable. The leaves are ovate and rounded at the base. The white, clustered, star-shaped flowers appear nearly year-round.
|Plant Height||13 inch (33 cm)|
|Plant Spread||5 inch (13 cm)|
|Common Name||Downy jasmine, Kunda, Ban malati, star jasmine.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 3 mete|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- At least five to six hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering and plant grow well in Natural bright light .
- The soil should be well drained and rich in organic content for growing plant.
- Water the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in direct bright light.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Natural bright light/indirect bright light.|
|Watering||Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Water when topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.|
|Soil||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.|
|Temperature||16 to 30 Degrees Celsius.|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Kunda Special Feature
Beautiful star-shaped flowe
- Accent shrub
- In pairs flanking the entry or a gate
- Along a fence, patio, deck or porch
- Surrounding palms or trees
- Filler for a corner
- Cascading over a wall