Brinjal plant grows well with minimum care and maintenance.
The brinjal (eggplant or baingan or aubergine) is called the King of Vegetables by some cultures. It is one of the most versatile vegetables around, loved by many people across the world.
Different varieties are available everywhere and each variety is unique in its own way, with a distinctive flavor and many essential minerals.Eggplant or Brinjal is a very low-calorie vegetable and has healthy nutrition profile; good news for weight watchers! The veggie is popularly known as aubergine in the western world.
|Seeds per Packet
|Up to 3 feet
|Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Care should be taken not to plant the brinjals in a shady portion of the garden
- The plants ought to have sufficient sunlight
- From time to time, any weeds which might grow in the plants bed must be removed
- The plants should be sprayed with the pesticides or insecticides if any disease is noticed
- Stake plants over 24 inches tall
- Water well and apply a balanced fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season
- For bigger fruits, restrict to five or six per plant
Egg Plant Black Beauty Care
- Start plants indoors 2 months before the soil warms up or buy nursery transplants just before planting
- Place 3 to 4 inch tall seedlings 24 to 30 inches apart in well-prepared beds
- Pinch out the terminal growing points for a bushier plant
|When it comes to watering eggplants in container gardens, keep the potting soil constantly moist but not soggy
|Sandy, Soil pH: Slightly Acidic to Neutral
|15 to 38F
|Eggplant is a heavy feeder, so when first planting in a plant container, give it a good dose of fertilizer, and add lime to the soil because eggplant needs a lot of calcium. Then add fertilizer about once a month while the plant is actively growing.
Egg Plant Black Beauty Special Feature
Egg Plant Black Beauty Uses
- The brinjal fruit has a lot of vitamins and nutrients
- Brinjal is used for culinary purpose