1 packet contains – 10-20gm seeds Carrot Selection Red – Seeds.
You can grow carrots all year round, and they are so simple! Just sow carrot seed regularly for a year-round crop.
Carrots are an easy and rewarding crop to grow, great for encouraging children to eat their vegetables! With so many varieties of this popular vegetable available, carrots can be grown in beds, containers and even window boxes making them suitable for gardens of any size. Carrots are a popular root vegetable that are easy to grow in sandy soil. They are resistant to most pests and diseases, and are a good late season crop that can tolerate frost.Not all carrots are orange; varieties vary in colour like purple, black to white.
|Carrot Early Nantes, Carrot / Daucus carota Early Nantes
|From 6 inches to 3 feet
Planting And Care
- Gently mulch to retain moisture, speed germination and block the sun from the roots
- Soil should be well drained and loose to prevent forking and stunting of the root growth
- Once plants are an inch tall, thin so they stand 3 inches apart
- Snip them with scissors instead of pulling them out to prevent damage to the roots of remaining plants
- Water at least one inch per week
- Weed diligently
- Fertilize 5-6 weeks after sowing
- Carrots taste much better after a couple of frosts
- Following the first hard frost in the fall, cover carrot rows with an 18-inch layer of shredded leaves to preserve them for harvesting later
Carrot Selection Red Care
- Sow your carrot seeds in shallow drills about 2cm deep
- Spacing for carrots is 3-4cm between plants and 20-25cm between rows
- They should start to pop their heads above the ground in approx 17 days
|full sun, Will tolerate very light shade.
|Requires well-drained soil.
|For Germination 45-85 FFor growth 60-65 F
|Fertilize 5-6 weeks after sowing. Apply any fertilizer
|Carrots are mature at around 2 and half months and half an inch in diameter. You may harvest whenever the desired maturity is reached.You may leave mature carrots in the soil for storage if the ground will not freeze.To store freshly harvested carrots, twist off the tops, scrub off the dirt under cold running water, let dry and seal in airtight plastic bags, and refrigerate.Carrots can be stored in tubs of moist sand for winter use.
Carrot Selection Red Special Feature
Carrots are a popular root vegetable that are easy to grow in sandy soil. They are resistant to most pests and diseases, and are a good late season crop that can tolerate frost. Not all carrots are orange; varieties vary in color from purple to white.
Carrot Selection Red Uses
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A, calcium and trace elements decay
- Due to its fresh and crispy texture, carrot is eaten in raw form
- Raw carrots are also an integral part in salads
- Carrot pulp is also widely used to make various sweets and desserts
- The high nutritional value of carrot makes it a very good baby food
- Carrot dishes such as carrot pudding and cakes include grated carrot
- Carrots can also be preserved with salt and vinegar to be served as a condiment
- Carrot juliennes are fondly added to garnish various lentil and rice dishes
- Raw carrot, cut in cylindrical shape without peel is a very popular ready-to eat finger snack and carrot drinks are also famous as a healthy drink
- One of most Wanted sweet dish of carrots Gajar ka halwa