If you are already thinking about what you want to grow in your garden this season, start out right with organic seeds. Enjoy your Kitchen Gardening with chemical-free Cabbage Chinese Organic Vegetable Seeds.
1 packet contains 30 Cabbage Chinese seeds.
Cabbage is a leafy green vegetable in the family Brassicaceae has grown for its edible head. It is a type of Chinese cabbage originating near the Beijing region of China and is widely used in East Asian cuisine.
Since the 20th century, it has also become a widespread crop in Europe. It is commonly cultivated in the cool moist climate.
|Seeds per Packet||30|
|Common Name||Napa cabbage, Brassica rapa.|
|Height||up to 45.72 centimeters|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening
- SunlightKeep the seedlings container in Natural bright light
- SoilThe soil should be well drained and nutrient rich for Cabbage Chinese seedlings
- WateringWater the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture
- Do not overwater the seedlings
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season
- Application of FertilizerDuring the main growing season feed the Cabbage Chinese seedlings with organic fertilizer once a month
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the seedlings so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily
- Plant ProtectionRemove dead, infected or damaged seedlings from container
- DontsDo not overwater the seedlings especially when container does not have drainage holes
Cabbage Chinese Care
- How to Sow Cabbage Chinese seed
- You can Sow Cabbage seeds in January, February, July, August and September, October
- Select a container having 3-5 inch diameter
- Fill the container with well-drained soil
- Moisten the surface of the soil with water spray
- Sprinkle the seeds evenly over the soil and spread a thin layer of soil over it
- orMake a hole of 1 inch deep and put 2-3 seeds in each hole and cover the hole with fine layer of the soil
- Cover the seed container with a transparent plastic paper
- Place the seed tray in indirect bright light
- Remove plastic wrapping once seeds start to germinate
- Tansplant the seedlings after 21 days in 5-7 inches pot or directly in the ground
- Do not over-water the seedlings to avoid root rot
- Germination rate and viability of Cabbage Chinese seed Cabbage Chinese seed Germination rate and viability is up to 70%
- Cabbage Chinese growth rate is medium
|Sunlight||Cabbage enjoys Natural bright light but appreciates a little shade during the hottest part of the day.|
|Soil||Nutrient-rich well-draining soil with Optimum PH range 6.0 to 7.5|
|Temperature||15 to 30 degrees celsius|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season||Plants require up to 90 days to come to harvest. Harvest when heads reach the desired size and are firm. Mature heads will split.
To harvest, cut each cabbage head at its base with a sharp knife. Remove any yellow leaves (retain loose green leaves; they provide protection in storage) and immediately bring the head indoors or place it in shade.
Cabbage Chinese Uses
- Cabbage has been proved effective in the treatment and prevention of gastroduodenal ulcers
- Drinking cabbage juice is recommended for ulcer patients
- Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- Chinese cabbage can be used in a variety of different dishes
- You can eat it raw, shredding it and adding it to tacos, salads or power bowls