If you are already thinking about what you want to grow in your garden this season, start out right with organic seeds. Enjoy your Kitchen Gardening with chemical-free Brinjal Light Purple Long – Organic Vegetable Seeds.
1 packet contains 30 Brinjal Light Purple Long seeds.
Eggplant, aubergine or Brinjal is a plant species in the nightshade family Solanaceae. Solanum melongena is grown worldwide for its edible fruit. Most commonly purple, the spongy, absorbent fruit is used in several cuisines.
|Seeds per Packet
|Solanum melongena, eggplant, Aubergine.
|Up to 1.21 mete
|White to purple.
|Approx. 2.5 months after transplanting, if seeds were sown in the month of June, September and January the blooming time will be August, November and March respectively.
Planting And Care
- Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening
- SunlightKeep the seedlings container in Bright sunlight
- Protect the brinjal seedlings from direct harsh sunlight
- SoilThe soil should be well drained and nutrient rich for Brinjal seedlings
- WateringWater the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture
- Do not overwater the seedlings
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season
- Application of FertilizerDuring the main growing season feed the Brinjal seedlings with organic fertilizer once a month
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the seedlings so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily
- plant ProtectionRemove dead, infected or damaged seedlings from container
- DontsDo not overwater the seedlings especially when container does not have drainage holes
Brinjal Light Purple Long Care
- How to Sow Brinjal Seeds You can grow Brinjal in three seasons, June (Kharif) Rabi (September) January (Summer)
- Select a container having 3-5 inch diameter
- Fill the container with well-drained soil
- Moisten the surface of the soil
- Sprinkle the seeds evenly over the soil and spread a thin layer of soil over it
- or Make a hole of 1 inch deep and put 2-3 seeds in each hole and cover the hole with fine layer of the soil
- Cover the seed tray with a transparent plastic paper
- Place the seed tray in indirect bright light
- Uncover the seedlings once they germinate
- Tansplant the seedlings after 30-35 days in 5-7 inches pot or directly in the groundDo not over-water the seedlings to avoid root rot
- Germination rate and viability of Brinjal seedBrinjal seed Germination rate and viability is up to 70%
- Brinjal growth rate is medium
|Brinjal enjoys bright sunlight but appreciates a little shade during the hottest regions.
|Nutrient-rich well-draining soil with Optimum PH range 5.8 and 6.5.
|26.6 to 32.6-degree celsius.
|Apply any organic fertilizer.
|Harvesting can be done 55, 60 days after transplanting. Fruits are harvested at tender stage at 4, 5 days intervals.
Brinjal Light Purple Long Uses
- Eggplant is a high-fiber, low-calorie food that is rich in nutrients and comes with many potential health benefits
- From reducing the risk of heart disease to helping with blood sugar control and weight loss, eggplants are a simple and delicious addition to any healthy diet
- Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- It can be grilled, stuffed, roasted, served in soups and stews and on kabobs, and used in curries and stir-fries