Bougainvillea is a genus of thorny ornamental vines, bushes, and trees with flower-like spring leaves near its flowe
It is a semi-climber and can be grown as a hedge, a shrub, a climber over a sunny wall and also in pots.Bougainvilleas have beautiful, brightly colored bracts, which are specialized leaves that contain the plants flowe
|Plant Height||36 inch (91 cm)|
|Plant Spread||9 inch (23 cm)|
|Common Name||Buganvilla, Bugambilia, Booganbe|
|Maximum Reachable Height||They are thorny, woody vines growing anywhere from 1 to 12 m (3 to 40 ft.) tall|
|Bloom Time||They are evergreen where rainfall occurs all year, or deciduous if there is a dry season.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Wait for the first colorful bracts to form and fall in spring.
- Once they fall, prune excess growth.
- Fertilize before flowering season.
- This will cause new bloom on the shorter flowering spu
- Repeat during the flowering season as needed.
- Bougainvillea plants need support to cover a wall, fence, or other areas.
- Create rows of wire or string against the surface that you want covering.
These tropical climbers are suitable for large containers placed in the garden during summer but must be kept frost-free in winter.If you want good blooming, give them at least 5 hours a day of full sunlight as a minimum. More hours of direct sun is better. Less than 5 hours and the plant may not bloom very well. Your plants will thrive in shade or partial shade, but only have nice growth with little or no blooms.
Sunlight Full sun Watering Moderate. In cooler periods or when you bring your plants indoors for the winter, the water requirement will be much less. Soil Dry, sandy, well-drained soil Temperature Up to 29 degrees C Fertilizer Mature plants can be heavy feede High phosphorus with micronutrients, as well as additional iron and magnesium.Plants grow best with small amounts of nutrients constantly available.
Bougainvillea Special Feature
Attractive colored bracts
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
- Bougainvillea plants are a beloved addition to many gardens and walls
- It can be trained to climb trellises or be planted as an attractive but thornily impenetrable barrier, and it can also serve as a groundcover
There are no reviews yet.